The Canadian Sleep Society (CSS) is now inviting proposals for scientific symposia for our next conference to be held in Calgary, Canada from April 28 to 30 2017.
Deadline: for full consideration, please submit proposals by September 30, 2016.
Proposals should include:
- Name of proposer and Chair:
- A short but descriptive title
- A brief description of the purpose and nature of the symposium and its relevance to the field (<200 words)
- A summary of background, rationale and aims of your symposium (<1 page)
- A succinct list of learning objectives
- The list of proposed speakers, their institutions or affiliations, and their presentation titles
- The primary target audience
Symposia will be 120 minutes in length and must include at least 3 speakers and a maximum of 4. Each speaker would present for 20 minutes, leaving 10 minutes for Q&A.
The society is particularly interested in symposia whose topics do not overlap with those from previous meetings (see CSS website for past symposia), that introduce new ideas or synthesize important concepts or those that are particularly good examples of the analysis of empirical data. Proposals that bridge clinical and basic science are encouraged. Participation from young investigators is also encouraged
Please note that the CSS does not provide honoraria, reimbursements for speaker/chair travel, hotel fees or conference registration.
Proposals will be evaluated by the CSS Scientific Program Committee and the proposer will be notified of the status of their proposals by October 31st, 2016.
To submit your Symposium for consideration, go to the event website page Call for symposia, complete the form and submit online. Please note that all fields in the submission form are required to complete your submission so we are able to evaluate it with all the necessary information included. The system will send a confirmation receipt of submitted proposals, please inquire if you do not receive e-mail confirmation.