By joining the CSS/SCS, you are supporting the on-going objectives of the society and joining your fellow sleep professional in these pursuits.
In recent years, the CSS/SCS has been busy with activities and initiatives including biennial scientific conferences, publications (on paediatric sleep, oral appliance use for sleep apnea, and portable PSG monitoring), insomnia rounds for physicians, patient information brochures in French and English, Continuing Education Credit and Medical Education Programs, and collaboration with the Canadian Sleep and Circadian Network on research funding and knowledge mobilization initiatives.
Your CSS/SCS membership dues support the initiatives described above, scientific conferences, student awards and more. Benefits of CSS membership include:
- Reduced registration fees and subsidized events at CSS/SCS scientific conferences.
- Free access to the Sleep Medicine, new for 2016.
- CME and CE credit programs for technologists, physicians and psychologists through CSS sponsored educational events.
- BRPT accreditation for Canadian educational events for sleep technologists.
- Dedicated workshops at conferences for students, technologists, and dentists.
- Invitation to the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and reception including voting privileges.
- Have your Sleep Clinic or Research Centre listed on the CSS/SCS website. Members of the public and health care professionals have free access to this list to help locate sleep specialists across Canada.
- Networking and social events for students.
- Membership on the CSS/SCS e-mail list.
3. Information sharing and knowledge transfer
- Vigilance, a newsletter designed to keep the membership up to date with happenings of the Society and within the field of sleep in general. Vigilance also provides a forum for discussion of controversies in the field of sleep and sleep disorders medicine.
- Patient information brochures (in French and English).
- Public lectures associated with scientific conferences.
- Option to have yourself identified on the CSS/SCS website as a Sleep Specialist to be contacted by media and members of the public.
4. Award opportunities
- Annual abstract competitions to support student and technologist travel awards to attend scientific conferences.
- Awards to recognize outstanding student contributions, young investigators, and distinguished scientists in the field.
- Liaise with federal funding agencies and the Canadian Sleep and Circadian Network to increase research funding opportunities in the field.
- Facilitate and participate in working groups to generate clinical guidelines for sleep disorders medicine and technology.
- Opportunity for all member types to serve in positions on the CSS Executive Board.
6. Corporate Memberships
- Include your logo on CSS website and electronic newsletter.
- Ability to post employment opportunities on the CSS website.
- Can post announcements to the CSS Society News feed.
- Preferred booking space and events at our national meeting (e.g., sponsored breakfasts, receptions, poster session).