We are looking for a Polysomnographic Technologist (certified or not certified) to work in Dr Dang-Vu’s sleep laboratory based at PERFORM and the IUGM research centres in Montreal (QC). We investigate the brain mechanisms of sleep and sleep disorders, and the role of sleep in cognitive health. For more information on our research, see https://scnlab.com/. Position available immediately.
- You will perform polysomnographic sleep studies in adults (18-85 y.o.)
- You will be in contact with research participants with a variety of sleep disorders as well as healthy research participants
- You will prepare participants and monitor them during polysomnography studies, including overnight studies.
- You will address technical or recording issues that may arise during the procedures and participate to research protocols in coordination with research assistants, students and researchers involved in the sleep studies.
- You will perform scoring of polysomnographic studies (including sleep stages, microarousals, cardio and respiratory events, etc.)
- Ability to work overnight shifts
- Ability to work with research protocols
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Enthusiasm for learning
Job Type: Full-time or at least 21 hours/week. Contract for 1 year, renewable, with 3 months’ probation period.
Salary: Based on experience.
Please contact Florence Pomares at email@example.com