The Centre for Sleep & Human Performance is a state-of-the art medical facility devoted to the expert evaluation, diagnosis and management of sleep disorders located in Calgary, Alberta. The Centre’s mission is to provide expert medical care in a community-based setting.
This full-time position (40 hours/week) works closely with the Medical Director and Centre physicians to support an interdisciplinary approach to the diagnosis, management and treatment of sleep disorders and to improve patient and community education.
The Behavioral Sleep Medicine Specialist works with patients, families and the community to educate individuals on sleep disorders, treatment optimization, methods to improve and monitor compliance with prescribed treatment, good sleep hygiene, and, in general, assists patients in eliminating barriers to care to maximize their quality of life.
Knowledge of communication/education techniques such as (CBTi) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, motivational interviewing and the principles of mindfulness-based stress reduction would be an asset.
- Highly analytical with excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills working in a team environment
- Knowledge of communication/education techniques for teaching such as cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing and the principles mindfulness-based stress reduction.
- Knowledge of sleep disorders and various treatment options
- Knowledge of sleep tests/tools used to diagnosis, evaluate and monitor sleep disorders; maintain knowledge of clinical care trends and standards of practice
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Superior performance by striving to meet or exceed all performance measures of the role; superior decision-making skills both clinically and professionally
- Current registration/licensed Registered Psychologist or RN with 3-5 years of demonstrated related experience, Naturopathic Dr., Allied Health Care Professional, Respiratory Therapist, RSPGT, Certified Respiratory Educator
- Maintain current CPR
- Clear criminal record check (less than 3 months old)
- Proficiency in Health Suite or similar EMR software would be an asset; Microsoft office suite and the ability/interest to learn new programs specific to the business.
Please submit resume and cover letter stating expected salary/hourly range to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all Applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by our management.