Job title: Senior research associate (coordination position)
Status: Full time 35h/week; one-year renewable contract
Principal investigator: Marie-Hélène Pennestri, PhD
Employer: Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du Nord-de-l’Île-de-Montréal (CIUSSS NÎM)
Dr. Marie-Hélène Pennestri, psychologist, is looking for an experienced, motivated, independent, and detail-oriented full-time research associate.
The research associate, in collaboration with the principal investigator, will be involved in the coordination of several research projects in the fields of sleep and mental health. Under the supervision of Dr. Pennestri, the candidate will oversee all stages of several sleep research projects with families, such as recruitment, data collection, submission of ethical requests, and budget monitoring, while ensuring that the project is carried out in accordance with the protocols approved by the research ethics committee. The candidate will work in collaboration with the principal investigator, students, and research assistants.
- Assist the principal researcher in the preparation of ethical requests
- Assist the principal investigator with grant applications, accounting, and other research related activities
- Work with the research team to coordinate and ensure the timely implementation of various research projects
- Assist in the preparation of questionnaires for data collection (online and in-person possibly)
- Support participant recruitment, data collection, and conduct home or phone assessments with families
- Supervise and train research assistants and students, and ensure the quality of the work
- Perform literature reviews, support the preparation of research reports, publications, and scientific presentations
Experience and skills:
- Previous experience (1 year or more) coordinating research projects with knowledge of standard research practices (e.g., ethics, confidentiality, data collection, data management)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Bilingualism in English and French (written and spoken)
- Excellent writing skills
- Clinical assessment experience with families or children is an asset
- Knowledge of Endnote software and of the Nagano platform would be an asset
- Ability to understand statistical sections of quantitative research papers
- Master’s degree (at least) in science, psychology, neuropsychology, health sciences, epidemiology, sociology, public health, or another relevant discipline. Specific experience in the fields of sleep or mental health would be an asset.
This is a full-time position with a one-year contract (May 2021-May 2022) with the possibility of renewal. We offer the option of working 4 days a week if needed.
Pay scale: Between $24/hour and $28/hour depending on experience + fringe benefits
Work schedule: Flexible, depending on employee preference
Work location: Remote work for the moment. Eventual possibility of working at the Rivière des-
Prairies Mental Health Hospital, the Sacré-Coeur Hospital of Montreal, and the Education Building at McGill University. In the long term: meetings at these sites, recruiting activities, with the possibility of keeping a portion of the work time at home.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply before May 15, 2021 by sending a cover letter highlighting relevant experiences related to the position, as well as a CV with the names and contact details of two individuals for reference (name and e-mail), to Dr. Pennestri (email@example.com).
We thank all candidates who apply. We will only contact successful candidates for an interview.